How long does it take to process a Non-Urgent Referral?
It takes at least 14 days to process the referral and give the patient an update on the status of their referral.
The referral was sent for Dr. Khan but why am I booked with a different doctor?
Our referring department triages the referral and books you accordingly with the appropriate specialist.
My doctor sent an urgent referral, why is my appointment booked on such a late date?
Our referring department triages the referrals and books the appointment accordingly.
I was referred to another specialist by your office why has no one contacted me?
If you have been referred to another specialist and haven’t heard back, our office is still waiting for an appointment. You are welcome to call us or send us an email to check the status of your referral.
How long will my appointment take?
The duration of your appointment will be 1- 2 hours and this will factor in all the steps that you need to take before you are seen by the doctor.
*The days that we are on call with the hospital might cause delays in your appointment*
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
• Please ensure that you bring your health card and a list of any current medications that you are taking.
• It is also advised that you bring a pair of sunglasses in case your eyes are dilated and a driver.
Is my surgery going to be done on the same day as my consult?
Your first appointment at our clinic will be a consultation. At this appointment, the physician will do their initial assessment and discuss the treatment plan.
I left a voicemail, but no one has gotten back to me yet.
Due to the high volume of phone calls that we receive, please allow us at least 48 hours to return your call, or you can send us an email.
Why do I have to see the technician?
The technician will take your full medical history and perform all the preliminary testing that are required for the doctor to make their diagnosis and provide a treatment plan.
What to expect at your visit?
• After you register at the front desk, you will be called in by the technician.
• The technician will go through your medical history and do any preliminary/ diagnostic testing required for your appointment.
• You may be given dilating drops at this point, which can cause your intermediate vision to be blurry and can also cause light sensitivity for up to 4 hours.
• You will then be placed in the room to be seen by the ophthalmologist.
I have my surgery date, when will I be given the time for my surgery?
You will be called one week before your surgery with the time and any further details regarding your surgery.
What is the cost for Cataract Surgery (For Hospital and Private)?
The cost of Cataract surgery will be discussed at your consultation. The prices will vary depending on your lens choice.
How do I prepare for my surgery at the Clinic?
• Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the day before your surgery. Please arrive for the time instructed by the surgical department.
• Do not wear any make-up, fragrances and please shampoo your hair prior to surgery. The surgeons require that you must not drive after the procedure. If you take public transportation, please be accompanied by an adult – exceptions may be made depending on the type of procedure and anesthesia.
• If you take medications for your blood pressure, please take them with only a sip of water the morning of your surgery.
• If you take aspirin or other blood-thinners please consult your general doctor if you can stop the aspirin 2 weeks before your surgery at the discretion of your family doctor or cardiologist. Inform our office if there is a concern.
• Please stop all herbal supplements and non-prescribed medications 2 weeks before the surgery (i.e. Primrose oil, Vitamin E, Garlic, Red clover etc.)
• If you are diabetic, do not take your diabetic medication on the day of surgery.
Where do I go for my surgery?
At Carrot, there are many locations where your surgery may be performed. The various locations are as follows:
PEEL MEMORIAL CENTRE
20 Lynch St, Brampton, ON L6W 2Z8
(Enter from Main Entrance, register at the Patient Registration Desk, you will be directed where to go)
BRAMPTON CIVIC HOSPITAL
2100 Bovaird Dr E, Brampton, ON L6R 3J7 ( Park at lot # 7, Register on the 2nd floor ‘Day Surgery’ Department)
CREDIT VALLEY HOSPITAL
2200 Eglinton Ave W, Mississauga, ON L5M 2N1 (Enter from Main Entrance, register at the Patient Registration Desk, you will be directed on where to go)
150 Sherway Dr, Etobicoke, ON M9C 1A5 (Enter from Main Entrance, register at the Patient Registration Desk, you will be directed where to go)
BRIARWOOD COSMETIC SURGICAL CENTRE
406 North Service Rd E #1, Oakville, ON L6H 5R2 (Please use front entrance during working hours, please use back Entrance after hours or weekends)
CARROT EYE SURGERY CLINIC- Oakville
438 Iroquois Shore Road
Oakville, ON L6H 0X7
CARROT EYE SURGERY CLINIC – BRAMPTON LOCATION
284 Queen St E, Suite 236 Brampton, ON L6V 1C2
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *